Refueling your FIRMAN Generator
Refueling your FIRMAN generator is an easy process, but security always come first. Before refueling, make sure to follow these few guidelines to avoid damages or injuries. If you are in the middle of a natural disaster or stressful situation, don’t rush it and always keep those in mind.
Make sure to use the right fuel:
- Regular Unleaded gasoline with a minimum 87 octane / 87 AKI.
- Do not use gasoline with more than 10% alcohol such as E85 or ethanol
- Always fill the fuel tank outside.
- While refueling, do not fill above the red fuel level indicator. This will allow space for fuel expansion in hot weather and prevent overflow.
- If fuel spills, wipe up any spilled gasoline and wait until it completely evaporates. Always remember that fuel and its vapor are extremely flammable!
- On average, don’t let your generator run more than 14-15 hours in a row and allow a 2-3 hour break in between.
- Before refueling it, shut the generator down and let is cool down for 10 minutes.
If you don’t plan on using your generator often, make sure you don’t leave old gas in the gas tank, fuel lines and carburetor. Take a look at our blog “How to store my Generator” for more Information.